Sporthalle - New Braunfels Covid 19 Updates
This page will have all updates and changes due to the Covid 19 Virus
Hey Sporthalle - New Braunfels family,
We wanted to drop in and talk a little about health. Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness. A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether a person survives or not. You know this as you know that water is wet.
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Breath. Your breath is incredible and the most important tool to good health. It is your foundation. If you know nothing of breath work, you’ll find safety information HERE and a breath work exercise HERE.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don’t work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Mushrooms. Reishi, Turkey Tail, and Agarikon mushrooms/supplements have been shown to have incredible effects on human immune systems.
- Nutrition. I’ll leave this one to Michael Pollan – “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
- Water. Do it. Start every day with a cold shower, an ice bath, a cold water douse, etc. Trust me on this. And drink plenty of it. You’re made of it.
What we are doing.
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus, COVID-19. While the hype is certainly real, the severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored.
Our #1 priority is your health. You’ve known that from day one. We want you to know, at this time, we are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
You must wash your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
We are stocking up on extra wipes. Our culture is already very good about cleaning our equipment and we want to encourage you to continue to do so. If you want to be extra safe, wipe beforehand as well.
We are adding to our routine cleaning schedule to include additional bathroom and main floor cleaning.
Our coaches will be helping make sure everything is wiped down, wiping down doors and other high traffic areas as well. Feel free to jump in and help them out!
If you are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms of illness, we advise you to stay home. The same goes for the kiddos. We have a large population of seniors with our S4L program. These are the folks at highest risk. Please consider that.
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves, but for our entire gym family.
We are paying attention to the recommendations in our area. We will continuously monitor the CDC, WHO and other government agencies as the situation evolves. If further action needs to be taken, we will take it. Again, we cannot stress this enough, your health is our priority! We will continue to do everything we can to over-prepare and under-react. We want Sporthalle to continue to be a safe and happy place for all.
Thank you for all that you have done coming to this point. Jason and I as well as the coaching staff always want to serve and protect this community. If you have any ideas, concerns, or questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.