“Strength training is the best way to fight weakness and frailty that comes with age.” – Tufts Medical University
STRONG4LIFE is a fitness and strength program specially designed with the needs and concerns of adults 55+ and older. The class is low impact and perfect for all fitness levels including those dealing with knee and shoulder replacement, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, joint and mobility issues. The movements taught in this class focus on specific exercises to improve
strength and function around the ankle, knee, shoulder, and hip joints while improving strength, balance, reaction time and activities of daily living. Instructors adapt each movement based on the skill and fitness level of each individual.
Benefits of STRONG4LIFE
- Arthritis – reduces pain and stiffness, and increases strength and flexibility.
- Diabetes – improves glycemic control.
- Osteoporosis – builds bone density and reduces risk for falls.
- Heart Disease – reduces cardiovascular risk by improving lipid profile and overall fitness.
- Obesity – increase metabolism, which helps burn more calories and helps with long-term weight control.
- Back Pain – strengthens back and abdominal muscles to reduce stress on the spin